Wednesday 7 July 2010

Wednesday track session

I've been suffering with a bit of a virus since Sunday's race, so I was a bit wary about pushing things too hard on the track this evening. It was quite a demanding session: 4X200, 4X400, 4X600, 4X400, 4X200, 1X800, with only short recoveries...... 8k of efforts in total. There were 4 of us doing the session: Mark I, Rachael B, Nick P & myself.

Rachael & Mark were both running quite a bit faster than me this evening. I was happy to just concentrate on completing the session at a moderate pace, rather than go too quickly & need to cut it short. My pace was around 80 seconds per lap for the 200s & 400s, 84 seconds per lap for the 600s and slightly slower again for the 800. I was happy with the session overall, despite not being the quickest. No real effects of the 'bug' & no after effects from racing on Thursday & Sunday.

I now have a good break from racing (apart from the Harrogate League handicap next week). My next race will be the BMAF half marathon towards the end of August, so I have about 6 weeks to recover, then prepare for that.

1 comment:

  1. Nice record there, also great report. Looking forward for more run from you.

    chaco sandals

    ReplyDelete