Sunday 10 October 2010

Running on the moors

Today was a really pleasant day for running, quite warm for the time of year, sunny & not much wind. I decide to head up on to the moors for a longish run. It was good to just go out & run with no concerns about pace or distance.

I cheated a bit by taking the car up to near the Cow & Calf, rather than running up from home. My route then went up to the Trig point & across to the radio masts before heading over to Windgate Nick. It was quite boggy in places on the top, but that's fairly normal for most of the year. Once I got to the edge of the moors, I descended on the tarmac towards Low Mill at Addingham, before returning to Ilkley along the Dalesway path.

In total I ran for almost two hours & according to my Garmin covered a bit more than 18k, although pace and distance are not really relevant on that kind of surface.

It's good to run on different surfaces, over the next few weeks I've got races coming up on the track, road & cross country, so I need to be ready for each of these. Next Sunday it's 10000m on the track at the Northern Vets championships. I haven't really been training for that kind of distance, so it will be interesting to see how it goes, probably best to plan to not set off too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment