Wednesday 9 February 2011

Shortened track session

This evening's track session was due to be 10X800m with 90 second recoveries, with a 3 minute recovery after the 5th rep. This was the same session that we had run in mid October. Just 3 of us were taking part today: Mark I, David B & myself.

For the first 5 reps, I averaged just under 2:50, a second or so behind Mark each time & just ahead of David. After the long recovery, I started to feel soreness in my temperamental achilles. I completed another three reps at just about the same pace, but as we started the 9th 800m, the soreness got significantly worse, so I decided to call it a day.

It's a bit frustrating to not be able to complete the session, but stopping was the only sensible option. I'm now applying ice to the injury & tomorrow I'll have a rest from running. Hopefully there'll be no lasting damage, I've had a dodgy achilles now for about 2 1/2 years. With a bit of look, rest ice & stretching will ease it.

No comments:

Post a Comment