Saturday 5 February 2011

Planning a steady run

Like many running bloggers I get a bit fed up of writing about recurring injuries. My hamstring problem that started just before the Brass Monkey half marathon is still troubling me a bit, but it's just a bit sore rather than anything major. I've also had a problem with my achilles on the same leg, whilst this is an injury that I've had before, I think that it's probably been induced this time as a result of slightly adapting my running style due to the sore hamstring.

I've taken 5 rest days in the last week & a half to give the leg a chance to recover. Lack of running seems to make my legs generally seize up, so I seem to have fewer problems when I run compared when I don't.

Tomorrow is the Dewsbury 10k that I entered several weeks ago. There is no question of running it quickly, but I'm tempted to just go and run at a very steady pace. I will need to avoid the temptation to set off at anywhere near race pace......hopefully I've learnt a lesson from the Brass Monkey. I'm sure that a sensible option would be just to give the 10k a miss, but I think that I will feel better to just go and do a steady well paced run, even if it means running a slow time.

No comments:

Post a Comment