Sunday 30 January 2011

A different Sunday run

Last Sunday was the Brass Monkey half marathon, this week I opted out of running in the Peco cross country race as I was still feeling soreness in my legs (the hamstring problem seemed to lead to general tightness in both legs). So after a couple of days with no running at all to see if it would improve the situation, I decided to just go out for a run & see how things were.

I set off around the park in Ilkley, dodging the dogs & their owners, kids on bikes & the various rugby & football matches. It was then out along the Nesfield Road. My running seemed to be a bit sluggish, but the pace wasn't too bad for a steady run. The further I went, I was gradually able to speed up without too many complaints from the legs.

I turned back at the Devonshire Arms at Bolton Bridge, with a vague plan to see if I could run a bit quicker on the way home. Somewhat surprisingly I was able to keep increasing the pace, so that for the last 2-3km I was actually running quicker than some of the final kilometres of last week's race.....most odd.

So I ran just over 20k, with the second half considerably faster than the first half. The legs don't seem too bad, so we'll see how the recovery is before getting too excited. Next week it's the Dewsbury 10k, so it would be good to see if I can do a reasonable run there.

No comments:

Post a Comment