Wednesday 29 December 2010

Back to running in road shoes

After more than a week of running in off road shoes battling against the snow & ice, I was today able to put my road shoes on. I have been doing plenty of distance in my recent running, but hardly any speedwork. Today I ran out and back along the Nesfield Road to the A59, with a couple of laps around Rupert Road to finish, just managing a fairly steady pace. On the way back I met up with Terry L and we had a good chat about running things.

My next target race is the Brass Monkey half marathon on 24 January. I'm intending to do a Peco cross country the week before, but that really will be a warm up race. Hopefully there will be a couple of Wednesday track sessions in early January to get a bit of speed back into my legs. I'll need to try and fit in some more faster running sessions as well.

Looking back at last year, the weather was quite bad at the end of December & much of January, but I was still able to do a reasonable race at the Brass Monkey, so it doesn't seem to be too much of a problem, especially if I can keep averaging around 100k per week.

No comments:

Post a Comment