Thursday 30 December 2010

kilometre reps on Rupert Road

I don't like doing interval sessions on my own, I seem to have difficulty pushing myself to run on my own as fast as I can in a group & the session always seems much longer. However, having done no fast running for a couple of weeks & with no track session this week and no race at the weekend, I decided that today I needed to do some kilometre reps.

I ran around Rupert Road/Denton Road, with a Garmin measured kilometre distance going slightly downhill. I figured that the downhill compensates for running the efforts on my own - it's my session so I can make up my own rules. I did eight reps with jog recoveries of 3-4 minutes.

My average was 3:43 per km, which is about 2.5 seconds slower than I did for the same session in mid November. Apart from lack of recent speedwork, my excuses are: it was colder, there was still some ice on the corners, I was wearing 3 layers of clothing, hat, gloves & heavy trainers. Overall it was an OK kind of session, but I do need to get back to the track to get running a bit more quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment