Saturday 22 May 2010

Back to running slowly

Two races in two days & the remains of a bad cold mean I need some active recovery. Today I headed for the hills on the hottest day of the year so far. My route took me up through Middleton Woods, then on to concrete square, before heading up to Round Hill.

There were great views all around from Round Hill, with perfect visibility. Normally it's pretty boggy up there, but today it was bone dry as we've had very little rain for a couple of months now. I then went along to Beamsley Beacon, before descending down to the Langbar Road & back to concrete square.

Once back down in Ilkley, there were hordes of people in & around the river & the park, quite a contrast from the solitude up the hill. In all I ran 19.5k. My pace was well over 7 minutes per km, which doesn't mean a lot given the terrain, but it was quite a contrast to the 3:32 pace that I was running on Wednesday.

My next race will be the Ilkley Trail race a week tomorrow, which covers part of the route that I did today. I can't run quickly in that kind of race, so I'll be using it mainly as training for races to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment