Wednesday 12 May 2010

John Carr 2 - 5k

This evening was the 2nd John Carr 5k. I didn't quite have the pace that I did last week & recorded 17:37. If I hadn't run 8 seconds faster last week I would have been delighted with that time. I set off more slowly than a week ago, 5 seconds more for the first km. For the next 3km, I ran at a similar pace to last week, then slowed again in the last km.

I should really be quite pleased with this run, but inevitably it's a bit disappointing to run a bit slower. The official results aren't out yet, but hopefully I will have maintained my lead in the series for the M55 category.

I've not been blogging much about my training runs recently as there has been little to write about. I have been running every day (apart from Thursday last week), but only slowly & on my regular training routes. My plan is to take it relatively easy again for the next few days before the 3rd race in the John Carr series next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment