Sunday 2 May 2010

Still taking it easy

I seemed to be taking a while to get over the effort of Thursday's hilly race & with half a mind on the John Carr 5k on Wednesday my two runs this weekend were not at all strenuous. Yesterday I did a hilly route which was similar to the Harrogate League race route, but in the opposite direction. I was certainly going quite slowly up Carters Lane, & not much quicker on the descent of Owler Park Road.

This morning was back to the two bridges route, a bit quicker than yesterday's run, but still on the easy side of steady. So that's two shortish runs in two days. I've become a great believer in the merit of easy paced recovery runs as an alternative to rest days. Running 10-12 kms at a pace slower than 5 mins per km seemed to give me the benefit of taking it easy whilst not being totally lazy.

I'm looking forward to the John Carr series. It's 3 5k races on consecutive Wednesday evenings on a very fast course & usually a high standard of competition. It's not everyone's cup of tea, being run mainly around the local sewage works.

No comments:

Post a Comment