Saturday 29 May 2010

A few days easy running

On Thursday & Friday I ran the two bridges run from Ilkley to Addingham & back both days. This tends to be my 'default' run that I do when I don't feel particularly inspired to run anywhere else & I want to do an easy/steady run. So 11.5k each day at an easy pace.

Today I thought that I should run somewhere different, but with the Ilkley Trail race tomorrow I didn't want to do anything too demanding. I opted for a hilly run around Ilkley & Middleton, just over 11.5k. Again my pace was quite slow, but it didn't make sense to try to run quickly.

The Ilkley Trail race is a very enjoyable route which I often use in training, but I'm not particularly suited to racing over the hilly off road terrain. I'm even worse at running quickly down steep hills than I am at running up steep hills. So my intention is really to use it as a fast training run, rather than with any expectations of doing well in the race. Normally I'd reduce the distance that I run in the week before a race, but I've done the opposite this week, clocking close to 100km, so I'm getting plenty of excuses in. There are more important races to come in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment