Wednesday 26 May 2010

Carnegie track session

This evening's 'official' track session was cancelled, but as we didn't hear about the cancellation until we arrived at the track we decided to go ahead with one anyway. We had a good evenly matched group of 4 of us taking part: Richard R, Josie H & Mark I, with Terry L acting as timekeeper.

The session was 4X1 mile with 4 minute jog recoveries. Given that we were all running at the same speed, we alternated the pace making which certainly helped with motivation. The time for each of the reps was: 5:41, 5:41, 5:44 & 5:42 so very consistent, marginally slower than my 5k race pace, so probably just what was required.

It was really good to be back running on the track after several missed weeks due to clashes with midweek races. I think that I really benefit from running regular track sessions & that much of my improvement this year is a result of the work done on the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment