Tuesday 24 November 2009

Bit tired today

Tuesday evening is the Ilkley Harriers club run. In recent weeks, I've tended to go with a group that wouldn't be going at too brisk a pace, considering that I have a track session on Wednesdays. Today there didn't seem to be much on offer (apart from some 9 minute mile groups), so I decided to join Nick R's fast group. Tonight's offering was 10 hilly miles at 7:15 - 7:30 pace, which was a bit further & a bit faster than I really wanted to do. I made my excuses at the start explaining that I'd cut the route short.

The thing that I like about the club runs is the social aspect of being able to catch up with how people are doing whilst having a good run at the same time. This evening, however, I didn't get involved in too much conversation, rather concentrating on conserving a bit of energy for tomorrow's track session & Sunday's Thirsk 10. Including my run to the club, I ran 13km, which was sufficient for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment