Monday 30 November 2009

In the dark

I didn't get an opportunity to run in daylight today, so it was a not so scenic run along the A65 to Burley for this evening's run. No after effects from yesterday's race, but I was taking it steady rather than doing anything too ambitious. It felt good to just go out for a run after a day spent decorating. Tomorrow I'm promising myself a more interesting route.

I was thinking about Marc(Omeleteer)'s comments regarding my PBs. It is a bit embarrassing to have PBs that are more than a quarter of a century old. They don't reflect what I'm able to run now. Only my 5k PB is from this year & that's only because I'd never run a 5k until relatively recently. Another downside is that I've very little chance of setting a PB, except at 5k or marathon (although I don't really fancy doing another marathon). Maybe I should list 'recent bests' instead. On the other hand, it would be nice to think that I might be capable of running 34:25 again for a 10k (only 3 1/2 minutes improvement to make!).

1 comment:

  1. Don't give up hope, Henry. At the age of 50 last year Jon Cordingley ran 15'44" for 5k and 32'57" for 10k, so it shows what can be done.

    ReplyDelete