Friday 20 November 2009

Taking it easy

I'm not very good at this tapering for specific races. Yesterday I didn't run at all & today I've done a very slow 7 miles at about 1 1/2 minutes per kilometre slower than my pace should be on Sunday. As a result of this, I feel sluggish & seem to have got my old niggling achillies injury back again.

I've never really followed running schedules, rather I've run depending how I feel on a particular day. So to have a rest day when I'm not injured, very busy or travelling somewhere is difficult to come to terms with. Similarly, deliberately running slowly when I'm not particularly tired seems to be counter intuitive. We'll see how things go on Sunday & it may all prove to be beneficial.

This morning's run was the 'two bridges' run from Ilkley to Addingham & back. The river is quite high at the moment after all of the rain, but the off road sections of the route weren't too muddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment