Monday 23 November 2009

A change is as good as a rest

Today I went for a run on my own, rather than with 6000 other people. Instead of the A65 out of Leeds, I opted for the Strid Wood, paths rather than tarmac. I was also running considerably slower than yesterday.

The river was quite high after all of the recent rain, but the paths were still passable, albeit the river was at the same level as the path in a couple of places. There were quite a lot of people out walking today, typically those walking on their own, or couples are generally friendly towards runners, often passing the time of day. Not so the large groups of walkers who will resist any attempt by anyone to share the path with them.....I've never quite understood this.

I feel quite relaxed at the moment about the forthcoming Thirsk 10 on Sunday. I'm not expecting to run a particularly fast time (unlike yesterday, when I was hoping to be able to run under 38 minutes), so I'm happy to see how it goes. Maybe as we get nearer to the race I'll get a bit more motivated to aim for a target time.

1 comment: