Sunday 22 November 2009

Quite happy with that

My plan for today was to run with David B at a steady 3:45- 3:50 minutes per km pace (we run together at the Wednesday track sessions). We went a bit too fast for the first 2 km & went through halfway in about 18:40, which was ok. The second half was a bit slower than the first half, probably paying for the fast start. There were plenty of other Ilkley runners just in front, Paul O, Steve C, Andy W & Richard R were all going well. I finished in 37:53 which was my best 10k time since 1983 and a minute and a half improvement on my best time this year. David was one place behind me with a pb of 37:55. Also from our Wednesday training group, Josie H & Rachel B from Otley AC both had very impressive runs today.

Thanks to Marc & Sarah (runningbear) for good vocal support at halfway.

Strangely my achilles feels less sore now than it has done for a few days. Next week is the Thirsk 10 mile race. Having tapered for the Abbey Dash, I'm intending to do a more 'normal' week of training, so I'm not sure what effect that will have on my race at the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Well done Henry, your fantastic form continues. Very much looking forward to seeing how you get on at Thirsk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Henry, see if you can spot yourself at http://editorial.jpress.co.uk/web/Upload/LEED/TH0_2311200912e4-2311-03-2311-070701.jpg
    (YEP offical photos)

    ReplyDelete