Saturday 21 November 2009

The day before the Abbey Dash

Having felt sluggish yesterday, I was in two minds about going for a run today, but decided to do a flat steady 5 1/2 miles. I ran at a quicker pace than yesterday & felt much better for that, although the achilles is still a bit sore.

At the track on Wednesday, we'd been discussing the pace to run on Sunday. I'm not really sure about my capability at 10k, having not run one on a fast course since March. For 5k, I've been consistently running under 19 minutes all year, so I'm tempted to set off at that kind of pace and see if I can keep it going for twice the distance. The argument against that is that I'm generally much faster at shorter distances, so maybe I'll 'blow up' in the second half. The other complicating factor is the weather, we're forecast to have very strong winds for the race, which generally isn't great for fast times. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment