Saturday 28 November 2009

Sod's law

Just looked at the weather forecast for tomorrow's Thirsk 10. It looks like we're going to have heavy rain, strong winds & cold. I've just been out for a steady 8.5k run this morning & the weather was very pleasant, little wind, no rain & even some sunshine. Pity we can't order that for tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to doing a race without any great expectations on time or finishing positions, just happy to see how it goes. This is especially true now it looks like we'll have adverse weather conditions.

After the race tomorrow, I've got 4 weeks with only one cross country race before the Ribble Valley 10k on December 27. I'm intending to do some more long runs, as I tend to shorten the length of runs that I do when I'm racing regularly. I'll need to get some long runs in as preparation for the Brass Monkey half marathon at the end of January.

No comments:

Post a Comment