Friday 30 April 2010

Easy recovery run

Yesterday's race in the Harrogate League was a bit harder than I'd expected, so today I was feeling quite sore in the legs. A very slow easy recovery run was called for. I ran my regular two bridges run to Addingham & back. My pace was more than two minutes per km slower than yesterday's race (on a much easier route), but it was as much as I could sensibly manage.

The official results for the race show that I finished in 31:42 (8.1km very hilly) in 26th place out of 284 runners. We managed to finish in first place in both the vets & senior vets team races. I was happy enough to be first M55 (the first 3 were all from Ilkley Harriers), but surprised that I'm now also leading the series on the age graded handicap. I was intending to use these races as fast training runs, but I may have to take them a bit more seriously now.

No comments:

Post a Comment