Tuesday 25 January 2011

The Hound of Windgate Nick

Today I went for a run up on to the moors. I decided to visit the 'Hound of Windgate Nick' (see story here).....it's certainly an impressive sight. The route that I took to get there was 10k virtually all uphill, via Hebers Ghyll Drive, Addingham Moorside & Light Bank Road on road, track, fields & moors.

For those who are wondering about the hamstring injury, following Sunday's race, it didn't seem to get any worse. I went for a very slow run around the park yesterday & despite general leg soreness, I didn't have any adverse reaction from the hamstring. My conclusion at the moment is that it doesn't seem to make much difference whether or not I run on it, the main thing that aggravates it is running quickly, but the effects seem to be only short term. Very curious.

Back to this afternoon's run. The good thing about running 10k uphill, is that I had a very long downhill to follow. I returned by way of the Swastika Stone, Parish Ghyll Drive & Grove Road (details here for anyone interested). It's a very enjoyable route, even on a misty day with heavy drizzle. Despite the weather it wasn't too muddy, so running conditions were quite good for the time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment