Monday 3 January 2011

Ilkley Harriers Hard Run

Normally the IH 'Hard Run' takes place on a Saturday, but this week's run was delayed until today due to the New Year festivities. I hadn't run this session since October.....I'm not really an early morning runner, especially for speedwork. There were 6 of us this morning, including Lee A from Bingley Harriers who ensured that there was a brisk pace at the front.

We did efforts of 1X4 mins, 3X5 mins & 4X6 mins along the Nesfield Road. Considering that the route is quite undulating and there was a bit of ice on some sections, I was relatively pleased with the pace that I was able to run at. Overall I averaged 3:50 per km for the 11.3k of efforts, which is comparable to the speed that I ran this session in April last year & quite a bit quicker than in October (when I was still recovering from my viral illness).

With a warm down run around the park, I ran just over 19k, giving a total of 113k for the last 7 days, which is quite a bit more than I normally run & over 100k per week average for the last 4 weeks. With that distance in the legs, it's good that I can still do a relatively brisk interval session. With the track on Wednesday, I should hopefully now start to improve the speed that I'm running at, after lots of steady running.

No comments:

Post a Comment