Friday 21 January 2011

To race or not to race?

That is the question. My sore upper leg is the problem, not sure if it's my hamstring that's playing up. I've never had a hamstring injury before...... I thought that it was something that sprinters & footballers suffered from. It's not a major injury as I can still run & isn't a problem when I'm walking around. The issue is when I run quickly that it becomes sore. I'm a bit nervous about racing with it as it may suddenly get much worse when I run at race speed.

Today I went out for a steady 11.5k run to Addingham. I was wary about putting in any fast bursts in case it would aggravate the problem. Generally I felt fine whilst running, it was quite cold, but dry & sunny.

I guess that I'll take a view tomorrow on the merits of racing on Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. It's up to you but I can sense what's going through your mind. More a case of will I regret it if I don't, or will I regret it if I do.

    All the best either way.

    ReplyDelete