Wednesday 19 January 2011

Ice again on the track

This evening there was again a covering of ice on the Carnegie track, so spikes were certainly required. Richard R didn't have any spikes so he had to run around the outside. It was just Brit T & me to start with, but Mark I joined in part way through. The session was 600m, 800, 1k, 1.2k, then repeat, with 90 second recoveries.

I had two reasons to take it easy: firstly I've got a sore left upper leg & secondly it's the Brass Monkey half marathon on Sunday. I was a bit wary of trying to run too quickly and aggravating the injury, so my intention was to run no quicker than 90 seconds per lap......way off the pace of recent weeks.

From an effort point of view, the session was very comfortable, I was easily able to run all of the reps within a second per lap of the target 90 seconds average. However I was very much aware of my sore leg & was mindful that I could be making it worse by running on the track. Tomorrow will be another non running day - the second this week, which will hopefully give the leg a bit of a rest to recover in time for Sunday's race.

No comments:

Post a Comment