Wednesday 26 January 2011

Pyramid track session

This evening's track session was a pyramid: 1x200, 1x400, 1x600, 1x800, 1x1000, 1x1200, 1x1000, 1x800, 1x600, 1x400, 1x200. Recoveries were mainly 75 & 90 seconds. Mark I, David B & myself ran the session with Brit T joining us for some of the efforts. Coach Pete kept us focused on what we were meant to be doing.

Conditions were not too bad, a bit cold, but no ice, dry, but a bit of a breeze (unusually blowing against us on the home straight). My leg was still a bit sore, but didn't impact significantly on how I was able to run the session.....except on the 200m reps where I couldn't run too quickly.

My overall average was 85 seconds per lap, with a high degree of consistency, I was lapping in the 1200m only marginally slower than in the 400s. My running partners were generally faster than me on the shorter reps & slower on the longer reps.

I was quite pleased with the session & I don't seem to be making my leg injury any worse. I'll take it a bit easier over the next few days & hopefully there might be some signs of improvement. I'm probably going to give the Peco cross country a miss on Sunday as the last one did coincide with the start of my hamstring problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment