Sunday 16 January 2011

Peco cross country - Kirkstall

I enjoy doing cross country races, however, I seem to be much slower running in mud than I am on the roads or track compared to other runners. Not sure if it's my build or running style or some other reason. Today's course in Bramley woods was quite undulating & heavy rain on Saturday meant that there was quite a lot of mud in places......but not as bad as it might have been.

I finished in 49th place, which is my worst result at a Peco race for a couple of years. I'm not too bothered about the result as the priority is the half marathon next week. I was feeling quite sluggish at the start, so it was probably just one of those 'off days'.....better this week than next.

The plan for the next few days is to take it easy with the running, I probably need a couple of rest days. I've only had 3 non running days since the end of November, so the batteries need recharging a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment