Friday 14 January 2011

Running slowly

Thursday & Friday were both very slow runs. After the Wednesday evening track sessions I always find it difficult to run properly the following day. Yesterday I opted for an easy run to Addingham, one of my regular steady routes, about 11.5k. Today was a bit hillier, around Middleton with a loop around Rupert Road, just over13k. I was running a bit quicker today than yesterday, but nothing to get excited about.

The weather is very mild at the moment which makes running a bit more pleasant than the severe cold we had recently, it's also fairly dry which helps as well.

On Sunday I'm intending to do the Peco cross country at Bramley. For me it's a very low key race & really a chance to get used to racing again before next week's Brass Monkey half marathon. There's not really much comparison between an 8k cross country race & a road half marathon, but at least it will be a welcome break from regular road training.

No comments:

Post a Comment