Friday 23 April 2010

Effects of Wednesday's session

Yesterday I didn't run, but this morning I could still feel quite a bit of stiffness in my legs following the fast track session on Wednesday...... I guess that I'm just not used to running at that kind of speed. Today I decided to run my regular two bridges route & just see how I felt when I got running.

Surprisingly I was running faster than I normally run this route when I'm just out for a steady run. I added on an extra loop around Addingham, to make the total distance just short of 14k, at an average of a bit less than 5 minutes per km. I was quite happy with that, even though my legs were still sore at the end of the run. Good job that I'm not racing until next Thursday.

It's a busy weekend for long races with the Three Peaks on Saturday & the London Marathon on Sunday. Good luck to everyone taking part in both. I'm thinking of maybe going to watch the race on Ingleborough tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment