Monday 12 April 2010

Just an easy Monday run

The weather was perfect for running again today, so it was a pity that I was feeling quite tired after recent running and another long off road route was certainly out of the question. I opted to run the two bridges run, which is my regular shortish easy running route.

Pace was steady today: 5:15 minutes per km is about average for this route. It still surprises me that I can speed up by about a minute & a half per km when I'm racing or doing an efforts session, as it seems like hard work when I'm just out running at a steady pace.

This week should be a chance to get in some solid training, tomorrow I might do another longish off road run, then Wednesday is the Carnegie track session. On Saturday there is a new 5k Parkrun starting in Bradford, so I might go along to that & treat it as a fast training run.

No comments:

Post a Comment