Monday 5 April 2010

Running in reverse

It's strange that we get used to running regular routes in a certain direction. Today I decided to run my regular Two Bridges run the opposite way to the way I normally go. Even though I run this route at least once a week, it's only the second time that I've run it in a clockwise direction.

My pace was suitably slow after yesterday's race. No ill effects, just a bit of general sluggishness. Conditions were OK today, no rain, not too cold, not much wind. There were quite a lot of other runners out, I guess because it's Easter.

Reflecting on yesterday's race, I still haven't seen the official results, I was quite happy with the run. I'm sure that I would have been well under 30 minutes for the 5 miles if it hadn't been for the strong headwind for the whole race. Indeed, my Garmin showed me running 29:50 for 5 miles, but the actual race finish was about 150 metres beyond this.

Tomorrow I'm intending to do the Bunny Run at Haworth. It's supposed to be a fell race, but it's actually more like a 5k cross country race, so it should be fast & furious. I won't be taking it too seriously, so not too bothered about timings or placings.

No comments:

Post a Comment