Sunday 18 April 2010

Same again - only different

Today I ran the same distance as yesterday, about 18.5k at a very similar overall pace, but the two days of running were really very different. Yesterday was the 5k Parkrun in Bradford plus warm up, then a hilly warm down run having a good chat along the way. This afternoon I set off intending to run a steady two bridges run to Addingham & back, but once I got underway I decided on a change of plan.

Instead of turning left over the suspension bridge after Nesfield, I carried straight on to Bolton Bridge. Rather than running the same route on the way back, I reverted to plan A & went over the bridge to Addingham for the return via Low Mill to Ilkley. So I did complete the run that I was intending to do at the start, I just added on an extra 7k or so in the middle.

My pace today was 5:10 minutes per km which is fine for a longish steady run & probably a bit quicker than I would have expected after racing yesterday. Having said that, the race yesterday was more like a fast training run, as I hadn't really prepared for it, with some hard training runs over the previous two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment