Monday 26 April 2010

Running without a watch

Normally I always wear my Garmin when I'm running, even if I'm not concerned about how far or how fast I'm going. Today, I was just about to set off on my run when I realised that all of the charge had gone from my watch, so I had the option of waiting half an hour or so for it to have sufficient charge or going without it. I chose to run without it.

I'd taken another day off from running yesterday & my plan for this week is to take it easy before racing on Thursday evening. I now have 4 races in 4 weeks, so I don't want to be worn out before I even start. So just going out for a slow steady run was what was required today. I ran my regular two bridges route, so I knew how far it would be & I really wasn't interested in the pace, so not having my watch wasn't a problem. Even so it felt a bit like setting off running naked.

Thursday's race is a fairly low key one in the local Harrogate & District Summer League, a hilly 4.9 miles course. I've been preparing more, however, for the John Carr 5k series which starts next week. I'm not intending to do any more speed sessions in the next few weeks apart from the races.

No comments:

Post a Comment