Saturday 10 April 2010

Saturday morning hard run

I decided to have a day off from running yesterday. It would have been perfect conditions for a run, but I reckoned that I would benefit more from a rest day following two races & track session this week.

This morning I got up early to do the Ilkley Harriers 'Hard Run'. It's an interval session out & back along the Nesfield Road. Conditions were again really good: sunny, dry, no wind although the temperature was a bit low at 7:45 am. The last time I'd done this session, there was ice & snow on the roads.

We did 2X3 mins, 2X4 mins, 3X5 mins & 2X6 mins with regrouping & jog recoveries in between. I was running the efforts with Steve W who normally is faster than me, but he's training for the 3 peaks race at the moment, so I was a bit sharper than him today.

In total we did 41 minutes of efforts, covering about 10.7k, that is around 3:50 minutes per kilometre pace. I was quite pleased with that as the Nesfield Road is fairly hilly & generally I don't run fast early on a morning. In total I ran 15.7k.

No comments:

Post a Comment