Tuesday 13 April 2010

Out along the Dalesway

This morning I ran out along the Dalesway path. Even though it starts within 100m of where I live I don't often run along this path as it tends to be quite muddy, however, given that it's not rained for a few weeks I gave it a try today. The last time I ran this route it was thick snow..... no problems with the white stuff today, it was warm & sunny again.

I ran as far as the Cavendish Pavilion, before turning & heading back to Ilkley, covering just about 23km. It was quite a long run, especially a couple of days after the 20km run on Sunday, but I was only running at a steady pace. The route is almost all off road & fairly flat, so it made a pleasant change from running on tarmac.

This afternoon's activity involved a 3 hour dog walk along the canal towpath from Gargrave to East Marton & back. So I've certainly had sufficient exercise today. I'll pass on the Ilkley Harriers club run this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment