Thursday 8 April 2010

No fast running today

After 2 races & a track session in the previous 4 days, today's run was definitely going to be a steady one. It would have been perfect conditions for a long run today, pleasantly mild, no wind, no rain, dry underfoot, but again a long run would have been a bad idea.

I opted to run the 'two bridges' run but I extended it by setting off to the road bridge out along the Leeds Road. This added about 3k to the normal route, making about 14.5k in total. I felt fine, but certainly could not have run quickly. There was a slight twinge from my achilles on the way back, although I don't think that it's anything serious.

Tomorrow should be another easy running day, it would be good to get off road somewhere, providing it's not too busy with the Easter holidays.

My next scheduled race is still 3 weeks away, so I'm not too concerned with being a bit fatigued at the moment. The plan is to have a couple of weeks of longer runs, before sharpening up for the John Carr 5k series in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment