Thursday 25 February 2010

Back to slow running

The legs were feeling a bit stiff after yesterday's track session, so today's run was a steady jog around the 2 bridges route. Conditions were fine, no snow, no ice, no rain, a little bit of mud. I don't think that I could have run much faster than I did today, but it was good to go out and run. The problem now with wearing a Garmin for every run is that there is a danger to over analyse every split time of every run. Sometimes I think that it would be better if I left my watch at home.

My next planned race is the Peco cross country on 7 March, but that is quite a low key event & more of a fast training run. After that is the Northern 12 stage relay in Manchester, assuming that I get into the Ilkley Harriers team (as captain I'm responsible for selecting the team, but I need to be sure that we have the fastest 12 available, so I might not make it). I'm then intending to run the Wakefield 10k on 28 March. I've run the Wakefield race once before & I don't think that the course is as fast as Dewsbury, so it might be a struggle to beat my recent 10k best.

No comments:

Post a Comment