Monday 8 February 2010

Easy recovery run

"You're not going out running today are you, you look dreadful". It's good to have words of encouragement from A before setting off on a run. Actually I was feeling much better this morning, although that probably wasn't evident. I ran a very slow tour of the two bridges route, with 11.5k being more than sufficient for today.

I'm now in the unusual situation of not having entered any more races. I'm intending to do the Peco cross country on 7 March. I might do one of the Saturday morning Hyde Park time trials before then, I'll leave it until probably the day before to decide on that. There is the Northern 12 stage road relay on 21 March, I'm the captain & organiser for the Ilkley Harriers team, but if we have 12 younger, fitter, faster runners than me, I'd happily go along as non-running captain. 28 March is the Wakefield 10k which I haven't entered yet, but will probably run.

Looking forward to April, I don't have any major racing targets, but I'll probably do a couple of races in preparation for what looks like a busy month in May. I'm looking forward to the John Carr 5k series (3 consecutive Wenesdays in May) on a very fast course. There is also the start of the Harrogate League race series, which I'll also run.

No comments:

Post a Comment