Friday 12 February 2010

Three days off


I decided to try to get the cold completely out of my system, so I didn't run at all Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. I did go for a 4 hour walk in the Dales yesterday, so I wasn't totally idle, there was quite a bit of snow above about 500m. This photo is looking across the valley towards Buckden Pike from the ridge above Littondale. It's the first time that I've missed 3 days of running for about 6 months.
Today I decided to venture out in my running shoes again. I ran my regular two bridges route to Addingham & back. I didn't feel too bad, but can still feel the effects of the cold in my head.
Depending how I feel tomorrow, I may decide to get up early & either do the Ilkley Harriers 'hard run' interval session or the Parkrun 5k at Hyde Park in Leeds. Not sure that a race is really a good idea, but I could do it as a fast training run, given that I missed the track session on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment