Wednesday 24 February 2010

A bit quicker on the track

Having not done any fast running at all for nearly 2 weeks, I wasn't sure about how things would be on the track this evening. I gave running a miss yesterday to try to get over the fatigue that I seemed to have on Monday. It was very cold on the track, about 1 degree, with piles of snow at the side & it was quite foggy.

We did a tough session of 5X800, 2X400 & 5X800 the recoveries were quite short, 45 seconds between the 800s, 40 between the 400s & a longer 2 minutes between the 400s & 800s. For the first set of 800s, I ran between 2:52 & 2:54, then speeded up to 81 seconds for each of the 400s, then slowed to between 2:54 & 2:57 for the second set of 800s. I was running with Paul O, I think that we kept each other going very well, although Paul was much faster than me on the 400s.

Overall it was a hard session & I felt to be running quite well apart from having a bit of a stitch midway through the second set of 800s. I was pleased to be able to run at a much faster pace than I have been running recently. It is strange to run about 2 minutes per kilometre faster than recent runs, without any adverse effects.

I did my warm up run with Ian F, formerly of Otley AC. It's good to see him back running again after a break of several weeks. Even though he was obviously a bit rusty, he was still lapping the track much faster than the rest of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment