Monday 1 February 2010

Variation on a theme

Today was a recovery day, although I don't think that yesterday's cross country took too much out of me. I decided to run my regular two bridges run, but the opposite way to my usual route & going along the Dalesway path, rather alongside the main road.

Conditions were again very good: dry, sunny & cold with little wind. The off road sections were mainly frozen, but there wasn't much ice about. I ran along at a slow pace, but felt that I could have gone much quicker had I felt so inclined.

I'm planning to take it easy this week before Sunday's Dewsbury 10k, only Wednesday's track session should have any fast running, although I might go along to the Ilkley Harriers club night tomorrow & hopefully join a not too fast group.

Not sure what to expect time wise on Sunday, Dewsbury is a fast out & back course along a main road, slightly uphill going out & downhill on the way back. Last year I ran exactly the same time at Dewsbury as I had run at Ribble Valley, so it would be nice to think that I could do something similar this year, as I was very pleased with my time then. I'm not so keen on the 9am start time, which is very early for a Sunday morning & last year it was bitterly cold.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck for Dewsbury, Henry - I shall be ensconced on a train heading for Edinburgh for the Scotland-France game (having done my required 22m on Friday afternoon). Such is the life of the marathon training runner...

    ReplyDelete