Wednesday 17 February 2010

Running on ice in the forest near Waterloo


The Duke of Wellington & Napoleon Bonaparte didn't have these problems when they were around here. It was quite challenging to run through the woods with ice on top of snow with rain falling on that. I managed to run just over 17k of what Paul O would describe as 'junk miles', i.e. very slow, but the best that I could do without falling over.

Overall it was an enjoyable run, even if it was very slow it was good to be out running off road in an area where I haven't run before. Apart from the underfoot conditions, the main challenge was not to get lost on the many paths going off in all directions.

Whilst it would have been good to be able to do some speedwork today, I did a lot of this kind of running for the 4 or 5 weeks before the Brass Monkey half marathon & it didn't seem to slow me down too much then.

No comments:

Post a Comment