Saturday 6 February 2010

Not a good time to get a cold

Feeling under the weather on Thursday, then a bit of a snuffle yesterday morning, turned into a proper cold. Not what's needed with the race tomorrow. The last time I had a bad cold was two years ago, the week before the Dewsbury 10k then, some coincidence.

Was not sure about just resting today, but quickly got bored with that, so after a spot of DIY, I decided to go out for a bit of a run....kill or cure, or at least to convince myself that it's not too bad. Apart from sneezing & a very runny nose, the run wasn't too bad. I only ran about 10k, around 15 minutes slower than I should do in a race, but the main thing was just to get out & have a bit of a run. Having got back I actually feel a bit better now, let's hope that the cold is past it's worse.

On a positive note the weather forecast is good for tomorrow, not too cold, only light winds & should be dry. We have 16 runners from Ilkley entered for the race, including fell runner Dave W making his 10k debut, it will be interesting to see how he goes. Also Nick P is making a rare appearance on the roads, he's in the same age category as me & were normally fairly close on the track & cross country, so will be interesting to see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment