Tuesday 2 February 2010

Not much fun on the ice

This evening I ran one of the Ilkley Harriers club runs. It had been raining for much of the day, then as darkness fell, the rain stopped & the temperature fell below freezing, leaving a film of ice on the roads & paths. The group that I ran with wasn't one of the fastest, but in the conditions, I wouldn't have wanted to be going any quicker.

We did an 'anti-clockwise' tour of Ilkley, just over 10k. It was particularly challenging to stay upright on the downhill sections & I seemed to be struggling to get any grip from my well worn road shoes. I was pleased to get home without taking a tumble.

On the positive side, I wanted to do an easy run today, as part of having an easier week before Sunday's 10k & I achieved that. Tomorrow is the weekly track session at Carnegie. However, the weather forecast is for snow tomorrow evening, so it must be doubtful that the session will go ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment