Friday 5 February 2010

Walk & run

Yesterday I was feeling a bit under the weather, starting with a bit of a cold, so I reverted to Plan A & had a day off from running to avoid getting too run down before Sunday's race. Today is A's birthday, so we decided to go for a 3 hour dog walk on the moor this morning, in the fog. It was actually a very pleasant walk.

Returning home from the walk I decided to go out for a run, still feeling a bit snuffly, but otherwise ready for some more energetic exercise. I ran my regular two bridges route. Surprisingly I actually felt fine once I got under way & was consciously slowing myself down, as I didn't want to run too hard before the race. Having said that I was still running within 1 minute per km of my race pace (including muddy fields, gates, hills etc.) which is quicker than I'd normally go on a steady run. Maybe I should take the dog for a 3 hour walk every time before I go running.

Tomorrow will be a very easy run. I have generally had an easier week this week, barely over 70km & with no fast running since last Sunday's cross country.

No comments:

Post a Comment