Sunday 21 February 2010

Sunday morning run

There were a few options today: the fell race on Ilkley Moor, a run along by the canal, staying in bed or a steady run along the Nesfield Road. I would like to have done the fell race, but I don't seem to have much natural ability at fell running (slow going uphill & even slower going down), plus it was snowing which would make the course even more difficult than it already is. I wasn't sure about getting the car out to go to the canal, given that the snow was coming down quite heavily. Staying in bed all morning was never a realistic option. So I opted to head off around the park & out on the Nesfield Road.

After a very long drive yesterday (made worse by long delays on Eurotunnel) & a busy few days in Belgium & France, it soon became apparent that I wasn't going to be running quickly this morning. I struggled out to Bolton Bridge, then turned around came back again. There was some snow on the road & the snow continued to fall throughout my run, but it was quite wet snow & not very slippery.

In total I managed to run almost 20k at a very slow pace. At least I went out & ran. This was the first weekend since early January that I didn't race....probably just as well. My legs need recharging a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment