Sunday 14 February 2010

Long slow run

I hadn't done a run longer than half marathon distance for 6 weeks, so I decided to head of today to the Cavendish Pavilion. Following yesterday's race, last week's cold, a late night & quite a few glasses of wine, I wasn't on the best of form this morning. Conditions were very good; cold, but sunny & dry.

I headed off along the Nesfield Road out to the A59, then into the Bolton Abbey Estate to join the paths to the Cavendish Pavilion. I returned on the opposite side of the river as far as the Priory. Having started off at a steady pace, I got progressively slower on the way back. However, the speed wasn't really important today, it was more about just going out and running for more than a couple of hours. To complete the run I did a lap around the park, making about 23.5k in total. It's not much of a long run by marathon training standards, but certainly far enough for me today.

For the next couple of weeks I want to get back to running more distance each week, as I've dipped quite a bit so far in February. We're heading off to Belgium by car on Tuesday, so it may be difficult to fit in the runs that I'd like to do. Also there is quite a lot of snow in Brussels at the moment, so it may make running difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment