Friday 1 January 2010

Fast finish, slow start

On New Year's Eve afternoon, I set off to do a steady hilly route around Ilkley, after 10 minutes or so of running I changed my mind & decided to run the Burley Lollipop instead. On the way back I picked up the pace a bit & ran 3km close to race pace. Clearly this was a very different run to what I had been intending to do & shows that I wouldn't be very good at trying to follow a running schedule. Nevertheless I was pleased with the run that I did & it was good to do some flat faster running after all of the sliding around on ice.

Today I was feeling a bit worse for wear after the New Year festivities having had too much to eat & drink. I opted to do my regular 2 bridges run out to Addingham, with the alternate return via the Dalesway path. The off road sections were generally in good condition with the ground frozen, but not much ice around. The main problem was the large number of people out for a New Year's walk, making the paths very congested in places.

It was a slow, steady run today, but not too bad considering that it is New Year's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment