Tuesday 26 January 2010

Steady club run

I decided to run one of the Ilkley Harriers club runs this evening. We had about 50 runners racing on Sunday between the Brass Monkey half marathon & the Stanbury Splash fell race, so there were quite a lot of people favouring easier runs tonight. I opted for the 'Burley lollipop' a totally flat route of about 10 miles. I decided against doing any of the efforts along the way, instead maintaining a steady conversational pace.

Tomorrow will be the Carnegie track session. I might need to take it a bit easy as I'm still feeling Sunday's race in my legs and today's 10 miles was probably a bit too long 2 days after a half marathon. But we'll see how things are in the morning.

I've had a look at the race time predictor here using my time from Sunday. This suggests that I should be able to run faster at shorter distances than I have done recently. I don't know how accurate these predictors are, but I'd be quite happy with the sub 18 minute 5k that it suggests I should be able to run.

1 comment:

  1. I'd be amazed if you didn't go comfortably under 18 for 5k in the John Carr races, Henry - the speed you lads do your track sessions should make it a walk in the park (well, a jog round a sewage works).

    ReplyDelete