Saturday 16 January 2010

More complaints about the weather

I decided to have a rest day on Friday following the previous 2 weeks of solid training. Not sure that today I felt much fresher for the day off, but logic says that it should have been beneficial.

This morning it was raining quite hard & there were still odd bits of ice around, especially on the paths. I did the two bridges run, setting off around the park. It was very slippery going along to the footbridge & then very wet in the field at the other side of the river. Once out on the Nesfield Road, the problem changed from slippery ice to flooding. There were quite a lot of deep puddles which reminded me of the start of the Thirsk 10. Once back over the river it didn't get any better, as there were huge puddles again around Low Mill.

Given that I've got the cross country race tomorrow, I was only running slowly today, which was probably just as well given the conditions. Bring back the snow.... at least I didn't get wet feet!

It will inevitably be very muddy for tomorrow's race which I'm not too enthusiastic about, I much prefer a solid surface to run on. I'll be racing in my spikes for the first time, I've no idea how it will feel to wear spikes on mud as I've only ever worn them on ice before.

No comments:

Post a Comment