Saturday 9 January 2010

That's more like it

I decided to get up early & do the IH weekly 'Hard Run', out on the Nesfield Road to the A59 & back. 10 of us were out this morning for the 7:45 start, with the temperature about minus 4 & a light covering of overnight snow.

We did efforts of 2X3 minutes, 2X4 mins, 2X5 mins & 2X6 mins,with recoveries of about 2 minutes. The efforts are not really comparable as some have uphill sections & others are downhill. Dave W was setting a brisk pace at the front with Richard R, Jeff P, David B, Mark I & myself trying to keep within a reasonable distance of him.

I was pleased to run at an average pace of about 3:50 minutes per km during the efforts, with the last 6 minute one at 3:32, not bad considering we were wearing several layers of clothing, hats & gloves, fell shoes & had a slippery surface.

It was really good to do some speedwork again. I don't seem to be able to do these kind of efforts on my own & really need the motivation of running in a group. It's also good to see that the weeks of steady running in the snow don't seem to have slowed me down too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment